Do Unto Others focuses on the Middle East, (nonviolent) social movements, and how I make sense of my place in the world. I'm currently based in Cairo, Egypt doing peacebuilding and community development.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Video: Long live Masr

تحيا مصر long Live Egypt - 11-02-2011 from karim shaaban on Vimeo.

I don't have idealistic dreams of a utopia based upon national identities and national pursuits. But I think this is something more, it's something more than nationalism. It's about a suppressed and repressed people, who couldn't express their discontent with the government or their dissent from the political power brokers, who decided that they'd had enough and it was time to liberate themselves. And it's beautiful. It's a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hi, I'm really enjoying the perspectives and video's you're showing on your blog. I'm hoping to head to Ramallah at the end of this year to work and research, and your blog has given me some great perspectives, keep it up!
Rachel