Do Unto Others focuses on the Middle East, (nonviolent) social movements, and how I make sense of my place in the world. I'm currently based in Cairo, Egypt doing peacebuilding and community development.

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Lupe Fiasco - Words I Never Said


Chicago MC, Lupe Fiasco, has a new song out. It's politically charged, honest, and creative.


Some of my favorite lines:
I really think the war on terror is a bunch of bullshit
Just a poor excuse for you to use up all your bullets
---
Limbaugh was a racist, Glen Beck is a racist, Ghaza strip
was gettin bombed but Obama didn't say shit
That's why I didn't vote for him, next one either
---
Jihad is not holy war, where's that in the worship?!
Murdering is not Islam and you are not observant
---
I think that all the silence is worse than all violence
Fear is such a weak emotion, that's why I despise it


No comments: