Do Unto Others focuses on the Middle East, (nonviolent) social movements, and how I make sense of my place in the world. I'm currently based in Cairo, Egypt doing peacebuilding and community development.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Feeling the Hate in New York

I am a bit slow on the uptake, as this video has been circulating the internet for a few weeks now.  Nonetheless, here is 'Feeling the Hate in New York.'


It's amazing to me how not one single person in this video is even close to humanizing any Arabs or any Palestinians.  They would find their current ideology irreconcilable with Arabs being human beings, human beings with the right to dignity and self-determination.  


Also, I hate it when being a Muslim is an indictment.  I kinda wish Obama would have came out as a Muslim on April Fools Day, just to expose all of the anti-Arab sentiment in this country.  


No comments: