Do Unto Others focuses on the Middle East, (nonviolent) social movements, and how I make sense of my place in the world. I'm currently based in Cairo, Egypt doing peacebuilding and community development.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Obama Hates Israel

An pretty unbelievable protest a few days ago in Jerusalem (h/t to Anthony Lowenstein). 


Here is a line from the supporters of the protest: 
Thousands withstood the weather for this historic gathering to shout that we will never again be silent. We are in solidarity with Israel's right to build in their Jewish capital. We stood for a Jewish Jerusalem and protested the administration's disgusting scapegoating of Israel.
The video might kinda make you sick.  I started shivering as I watched it.  It's vomitly racist.  I apologize for posting this kind of stuff, but I think it's important to know what people are thinking.  I mean thousands in new York showed up in the rain to support this.  


Some excerpts from the video: 
  • For the first time in American history, we have an anti-Israel president. 
  • The Islamization of the narrative must stop.  
  • Truth is the new hate speech. 
  • It's a Jew living in the Jewish homeland, there are no settlers in Israel.  
  • What is the West Bank? It's Judea, JUDEA, and Samaria. 
  • There is no occupation, except the Muslim occupation of Israel. 
  • How dare President OBAMA jam his finger into the chest of Netanyahu. 
  • What you have is an Islamicized President.











No comments: