Do Unto Others focuses on the Middle East, (nonviolent) social movements, and how I make sense of my place in the world. I'm currently based in Cairo, Egypt doing peacebuilding and community development.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Name and New Look


So I hired a marketing professional and web designer to come up with a new feel to the blog.


No not really, I just used a few spare hours and adapted a template for the blog. I think it looks better, and is a bit cleaner.

There is also a new title. Sammertime had run its non-thought-out-and-slightly-egotistical-college-dormitory-like existence. The content will remain the same, but I wanted the name to reflect the content, rather than having no connection to the content. I wanted to have a big brainstorm session (with myself) to come up with the best name my brain could conjure up. Instead, I went with Katie's suggestion, "Do Unto Others." I figured that was a good name, probably a better name than my brainstorm session would produce. Thanks Katie.

I like how interfaith and multicultural the name is, yet at the same time specific to the tradition I come from, Christianity. I mean it's the Golden Rule. It's Golden Delicious.

No comments: