Do Unto Others focuses on the Middle East, (nonviolent) social movements, and how I make sense of my place in the world. I'm currently based in Cairo, Egypt doing peacebuilding and community development.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Militaristic Heating and Air Conditioning

A friend and I had just returned to civilization after four days of backpacking.  I was curious what was happening in the world, I wondered how the Egyptian election had turned out - turns out the military usurped even more power from elected officials and the civilian population in a soft coup.  And then I saw a truck that brought me back to reality in 'Merica. 


It's a truck owned by Southern Comfort Heating and Air Conditioning based out of Loomis, CA. Inexplicably, on the side of the truck there were WWII-era fighter planes, Predator and Reaper drones, and a group of special-ops soldiers in a desert landscape.  The text across the truck's panel reads, "PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE" (sorry that I can't make that text blue with a red, beveled edge), I have no idea what that means in this context.

The side panel was funny enough, because it doesn't relate to heating and air conditioning whatsoever, but the rest of the stickers on the truck were far more appalling disgusting repulsive confusing.


A large piece of white-lettered text on the back window of the truck cab read, "It's God's responsibility to judge terrorists, it's our military's responsibility to arrange the meeting."  


If that wasn't enough to turn your stomach inside-out, on a side window of the truck, there was this sticker. 
Feel free to call Southern Comfort H/AC at (916) 533-3962 and tell them they are a scourge on society, or they'll never have your business, or just ask them if their refrigerator is running. 

9 comments:

Heating & Repair Fort Lauderdale said...

I have found your post link in google.com, and I hope you create more post in the future. now I am waiting for your next post.

dipu islam said...



As a leading innovator of home heating, cooling and air-quality systems,
we're committed to making people feel comfortable in their home environments,
which includes a commitment to protect the global environment.

air conditionin
air conditioner
ac air conditioning
furnace
hvac

furnace repair Toronto said...

Great post. I was looking up furnace heating when I came across your post. I just bought a house and it has a really old heating system and I was thinking about updating it for something a little more efficient.

furnace repair Toronto

dipu islam said...


Air Conditioning providing accurate temperature control,
and it reduce the humidity within your home to eliminate the 'stickiness' .
Most systems have a dedicated 'dry' mode,
where humidity can be reduced without over-cooling the room.



air conditionin
air conditioner
ac air conditioning
furnace
hvac

John Alex said...

Commercial HVACR will immerse you in the basics of larger refrigeration and cooling units, electronic controls, ice machines, heat pumps, and more. This program prepares you to work in the commercial side of the industry and provides 100 hours of Massachusetts Refrigeration Code and 150 hours of Massachusetts Electrical Codes. If you are interested in HVACR Training then CLICK HERE

Sakib Hasan said...

This blog site is pretty good! How was it made . I view something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to my bookmarks . You can visit my site.
air conditioning

ductedair215 said...

I found your blog when I was looking for a different sort of information but I was very happy and glad to read through your blog. The information available here is great.
I know something information, to know you can click here
ducted air conditioning brisbane
Ducted Air Conditioning Installers

Flip Jork said...

An annual service check, including a charge level check, can avoid this problem, particularly when you have an older system which may have slow leaks.
york air conditioning

Jade Graham said...

We can can help you find the most energy-efficient solution for your home. And remember, every dollar you spend toward efficiency means less you’ll have to spend during summer and winter’s worst weather. affordable heating and cooling