Do Unto Others focuses on the Middle East, (nonviolent) social movements, and how I make sense of my place in the world. I'm currently based in Cairo, Egypt doing peacebuilding and community development.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Some Recent Things Worth Reading

Navigating the world of information coming from Israel and Palestine is daunting. The sheer number of articles, editorials, and blogs can quickly overwhelm. So, here are some links to pieces I have come across recently.

Seth Freedman, of the Guardian UK, blogs about the South Hebron Hills

An Op-Ed, from the NY Times, speaking truthfully about settlements

Saree Makdisi, writing for the LA Times, comments on how the language of Middle East politics absolves Israel

A review of the Prime Minister's, Benjamin Netanyahu, recent speech. What did he actually say? What are the realities on the ground.


I could make a list of these everyday, but I won't, I don't have the energy. If you go back through the archives of my blog, there is a listing of websites and news resources for solid information from Israel/Palestine.