Do Unto Others focuses on the Middle East, (nonviolent) social movements, and how I make sense of my place in the world. I'm currently based in Cairo, Egypt doing peacebuilding and community development.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Settlers set fire to home as seven Palestinians sleep inside

So there seems to be a trend starting, but it's a good trend, don't worry.  The posts that I spend more time on, are ending up on other sites before they end up here on Do Unto Others.  This blog gets pretty low readership, whereas sites like Mondoweiss, Electronic Intifada, and Waging Nonviolence get significantly more hits.  So if I can submit a piece to one of those sites, or somewhere else with good readership, then that's what I will do because it makes sense to reach the biggest audience you can without watering down your message.  So if you are a reader of this blog and you feel neglected, don't. You're still getting access to the same content, and you'll get to see me the same amount of time, but you'll just have to share me with more people.  

My latest piece is on Mondoweiss.  Here's a nice summary: 
In the incident which occurred on 29 December 2010, there were seven members of a family asleep in the tent when settlers set fire to the structure.  Fortunately, a hajji (an elderly matriarch) was awake and heard the dogs warning of the intruders.
Friendly, Sabbath-respecting Israeli settlers set fire a family's dwelling as they were sleeping inside it.  

1 comment:

George Polley said...

Good for you, Sam. I also write articles and book reviews on the subject, at The Palestine Review and my book blog Tostada Speaks (www.tostadaspeaks.blogspot.com). I'll keep an eye out for your posts.

We shall overcome ... one of these days.

Warmest regards,

George Polley
Sapporo, Japan