Do Unto Others focuses on the Middle East, (nonviolent) social movements, and how I make sense of my place in the world. I'm currently based in Cairo, Egypt doing peacebuilding and community development.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Israeli soldiers claim they must protect settlers who beat Palestinian children

I shot this video near At-Tuwani. My colleague and I were returning to At-Tuwani after accompanying some shepherds. We were walking through the hills when we were intercepted by these soldiers. I think the video speaks for itself, but think about the implications of the IDF protecting Jews only, and not Palestinians. Think about the consequences of the logic that says that all settlers should be protected because they are Jewish, even if they beat up Palestinian children. It's a twisted logic that allows Israeli thugs to live on stolen land and continue attacking children, farmers, and shepherds.

3 comments:

Steve said...

Sam.You were very clever to leave the camera running. It was never clear to me why you were not allowed to be there. I am surprised that they did not ask for your visa. You are very brave and compasionate.

Samuel Nichols said...

Yeah we try to leave cameras running as much as possible. The soldiers did look at my passport. It is not very clear to me either why we were not allowed to be there. He said in broken english, that if Palestinians are in that area, the IDF has to check them. Later when the camera was actually off he said the soldiers had received a call that there were suspicious people walking in the area. I asked, 'who called you?' He said, 'we have people who watch this area.' But the only conceivable people who could have seen us in that area are settlers. So clearly settlers called and told the soldiers that we weren't allowed to be there. That's why they came to 'check us.'

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,