Do Unto Others focuses on the Middle East, (nonviolent) social movements, and how I make sense of my place in the world. I'm currently based in Cairo, Egypt doing peacebuilding and community development.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Love Wins

The last few days have been difficult. I have learned that two close friends have been denied entry to Israel. They are not allowed to continue their work in Palestine for the next 5-10 years. They are peace workers who have been denied because the Israel government doesn't want people documenting what is happening in the occupied Palestinian territories.

Today I had just finished playing basketball to get some positive endorphins flowing. After playing I was driving home and the SUV in front of me had a simple bumper sticker that read, “Love Wins.”

Caught off guard, I turned the music down to think more clearly. Love does win, that's right. I have to keep on believing that despite all of the poverty, lack of access to health care, and war in the world; love will win.

Thanks be to God, Love wins.

1 comment:

freefun0616 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.