Do Unto Others focuses on the Middle East, (nonviolent) social movements, and how I make sense of my place in the world. I'm currently based in Cairo, Egypt doing peacebuilding and community development.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Video: Israeli occupation forces throw me on hood of truck; nearly arrest me

Another post about this electricity incident. Here is the raw(er) video from the incident. Some of my swearing diatribes didn't make the cut. Apologies to you realists; You're welcome to you moralists.

This video is a special cut that is NOT intended to objectively cover this incident for a general audience. That edit is here: http://samuelnichols.blogspot.com/2009/12/updated-video.html --This edit merely shows me and my coworker trying to stop the Israeli occupation forces from illegally stealing Palestinian property, and then nearly being arrested for allegedly trespassing in a closed military zone. In other words, it does not place our village friends and their nonviolent resistance at center-stage, as they should be under normal circumstances. Footage is from several international accompaniers working for Christian Peacemaker Teams and Operation Dove.

No comments: