Do Unto Others focuses on the Middle East, (nonviolent) social movements, and how I make sense of my place in the world. I'm currently based in Cairo, Egypt doing peacebuilding and community development.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Um al Kher Demolition

The Israel military rolled in with bulldozers and demolished homes in a Palestinian village named Um al Kher. It's incomprehensible and completely inexplicable.

I won't write extensively about the demolition because there are news agencies that covered it and CPT released an
urgent action. I wanted to post a picture, because I think it says everything. The picture shows a woman and young child sitting on the rubble of their demolished home. In the background are the newly built homes of the illegal Israeli settlement that sits adjacent to Um al Kher. The settlement homes are large, protected from the weather, and vacant.

I cannot convey the injustice of this image.